Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cheese and Zucchini Rice

Awhile ago I had "pinned" this recipe for Cheesy Zucchini Rice.  It sounded good, but I thought I could make it a little better :)  I decided to give it a try tonight and it was awesome!  Jason loved it - he almost finished off the entire thing!  I think next time I might try it with quinoa instead of rice.

Cheese and Zucchini Rice
Serves 4

Ingredients:
3/4 cup rice, cooked according to package
1 medium zucchini, grated
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I used reduced fat)
1/4 cup light cream cheese
2 tbsp milk
Black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Cook rice as directed on package. While rice is cooking, place grated zucchini in a fine mesh strainer and sprinkle with kosher salt. This will remove excess water from the zucchini. Allow to sit while rice cooks.
2. Preheat oven to 350 and coat an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Once rice is cooked, combine all ingredients except Parmesan in a large bowl and stir to combine.
. Place rice mixture in prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake 30 minutes then broil for another 2-5 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment