So, speaking of food, onto today's recipe. During the winter I make chili at least twice a month - it's so easy, yummy, spicy and warm. We love it!
Three Bean Vegetarian Chili:
About 8 (large) servings
- 1 can (30.5oz) Brooks Chili Hot Beans, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes w/ chiles
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
1. Combine all ingredients into 4-5 quart crock pot, add seasonings to taste and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
I don't measure any of the seasonings, so the measurements are kind of an estimate. And of course, it's even better with cheese:
We're supposed to get hit with a huge snowstorm starting tomorrow evening through Wednesday. Thankfully I got all of the grocery shopping done today and have our menu figured out for the week....or at least the main dishes. Stay tuned for:
- Stuffed Poblanos
- Peanut Butter Noodles
- French Onion Soup (vegetarian, of course)
- Au Gratin Potatoes
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach
Can't wait for dinner!