Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sun Dried Tomato Basil Vinaigrette

This was the first salad dressing I have ever made. I created my Sun Dried Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta Salad for Easter this year and needed a light dressing to go on it. This was perfect and the pasta salad was so good. Since I made this I've been experimenting with all kinds of different vinaigrette combinations.

Sun Dried Tomato Basil Vinaigrette


Ingredients:
2 sundried tomatoes, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
Pinch of kosher salt
1 tbsp basil, chopped
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper

Directions:
1. Sprinkle the minced garlic with kosher salt. With the back of your knife, work the garlic and salt into a paste. 

2. Combine all ingredients into a small mason jar and shake well. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Be sure to shake well before serving. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment