Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Turkey Tetrazzini

Turkey Tetrazzini was always my favorite thing my mom made with leftovers after Thanksgiving.  It's got a great, creamy sauce, but isn't too heavy.  And, who doesn't love a crispy Parmesan crust on top!?  When I became a veggie, it was one of the dishes that I really missed, so now when I make this for Jason, I make one for me with just mushrooms.

Turkey Tetrazzini
6 servings

Ingredients:
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp (2-3 cloves) garlic, minced
1 cup low fat milk
1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
3 oz (4 medium) mushrooms, diced
8 oz whole wheat pasta, cooked and drained

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.  Add in flour, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk until no lumps remain.  Pour in broth and milk and let cook until it begins to bubble and thicken, whisking occasionally.

2.  Once sauce has thickened, add in mushrooms, turkey and pasta.  Mix well ensuring everything is coated in the sauce.

3.  Pour tetrazzini into a 2 quart baking dish and top with Parmesan.  Bake until bubbly, 20-30 minutes.  Place dish under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown the top.  Let cool for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment