Monday, November 11, 2013

Chickpea "Tuna" Salad

One of my favorite sandwiches growing up was Tuna Salad.  I still find myself craving it occasionally and, even though I do eat seafood every once in awhile, I just cannot bring myself to eat any type of fish that comes out of a can.....or a pouch :)  I personally like mine with onions and loads of celery, but add in whatever you like; pickles, relish, hard boiled eggs, etc.  I've also made a vegan* version before which was delicious!  Serve it on bread or in a wrap.  I like mine with lots of pickles and pepper jack cheese.

Chickpea "Tuna" Salad
4 servings


Ingredients:
1 can no salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise*
1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried dill
3 ribs of celery, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  Place the chickpeas, mayo, mustard and seasonings in a food processor.  Blend until the mixture reaches desired consistency.  Transfer to a bowl, mix in the celery and onions and add more seasonings if needed.  Enjoy!

*To make this vegan omit the mayonnaise and replace with one ripe avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment