Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Strawberries n' Cream Popsicles

Nothing beats fresh picked strawberries (or any other fruit/veggie for that matter).  I always forget just how perfect they are until I get my first taste in the early summer.  Makes me wonder why I even settle for the store-bought ones the rest of the year.


So red, juicy, sweet and perfect!


I thought a great idea for these strawberries was some popsicles for the kids.  Only two ingredients (three if you want them super sweet) and voila!  A yummy, healthy, sweet treat for a hot summer evening.  The kids loved them!
 
Strawberries n' Cream Popsicles
Makes 4 popsicles
 
Ingredients:
1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1/3-1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
Honey, maple syrup, sugar, etc. (optional)
 
Directions:
1.  Puree strawberries (if you are having trouble, add in a little water) until smooth.  Add in any sweetener, if desired.  Layer the strawberry puree and yogurt into popsicle molds.  Freeze until set and enjoy!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment