Monday, September 21, 2015

Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw

A few weeks ago I picked up our organic produce box and, along with lots of other goodies, was a bag of broccoli slaw.  It didn't take me long to figure out that I wanted that broccoli slaw with some blue cheese.  I love blue cheese.  Tangy, rich, and just a fantastic flavor.  One of the great things about blue cheese is that a little bit goes a long way.  And, I think blue cheese, dried cherries (or cranberries), and walnuts are a match made in food heaven.  It'll take you no time to whip up a batch of my Blue Cheese Dressing and throw this yummy side dish together!

This is a great make ahead dish.  It just gets better as it sits.

Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw


Ingredients:

9oz bag of broccoli slaw
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (toasting is optional)
1/3 cup dried cherries (cranberries would also work, but I adore cherries)

Directions:

1.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.


2.  Remove from fridge, give it a good mix and garnish with more cherries, walnuts and crumbled blue cheese, if desired.  Serve and enjoy!

 
Happy Eating!
 
~ Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment