Monday, September 21, 2015

Blue Cheese Dressing

My love for blue cheese really came alive when I was pregnant with Ashlyn (and yes, I was sure to ask my dr. about it before I indulged!).  I craved salads loaded with blue cheese.  There was even a point I had a HUGE craving for blue cheese stuffed olives.  Thing is, I don't like olives.  It's one of the few foods I've never liked.  But, I gave into my craving, bought some blue cheese stuffed olives, popped one in my mouth.....and proceeded to spit it right into the trash.  Turns out that even when pregnant, I still don't like olives. 


Anyhow, blue cheese.  Mmmmm.....I just adore blue cheese.  I like it on pizza, on a black bean burger, stuffed in endive, and of course on a salad.  It's just delicious.  I also love a good blue cheese dressing, but I have never had success finding a good blue cheese dressing in the grocery store.  So, I decided to take it upon myself and make one that I can use at home.  And, if you ask me, the best toppings for a salad to go with this dressing are dried cherries and walnuts.  Delish!  And don't limit this dressing to just a salad topping.  Try it in coleslaw or my Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw!

Looks good, doesn't it???
Whenever I'm making a dressing, I like to make, shake, and store it in a mason jar.  Put all the ingredients in, put a lid on, shake it up and pop it in the fridge.  Easy enough!

Blue Cheese Dressing
Makes about 1 cup

 
 
Ingredients:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp granulated sugar
2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

1.  Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Cover and place in the refrigerator - use within 2 weeks.   Enjoy!


 Happy Eating!

~ Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment