Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quick and Crunchy Pork Chops

This is the first recipe I've tried out of my new Cook's Country cookbook - it was a hit!  Jason really liked it.  I served it with my Cheesy Grits and Roasted Brussels Sprouts - it was good eatin' tonight!  I'm posting the full recipe, but I cut it in half when I made it tonight. 

Quick and Cruncy Pork Chops
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 box (5.25oz) Melba toast crackers (I used the Roasted Garlic)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp sugar
6 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Hellman's Canola Mayo)
4 boneless center-cut pork chops

Directions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 425°.  Place the melba toast and seasonings into a large ziploc bag.  Seal the bag and pound until the Melba toast resembles large pebble-sized crumbs.  Add 2 tablespoons of the mayo and combine inside the bag.  Transfer the crumb mixture to a plate.

2.  Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel.  Coat a pork chop with 1 tablespoon of mayo and place on top of crumbs.  Sprinkle crumbs onto the top of the pork chop and press firmly to adhere them to the mayo.  Flip the pork chop over and do the same on the other side.  Place the pork chop on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.  Repeat with the remaining chops.
                 
3.  Bake the pork chops until the juices run clear - approximately 16-22 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment