Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

This is one of my most absolute favorite veggie sides.  It's also the only way that I've found that I can eat Brussels sprouts.  They get crispy and take on a nutty-like flavor.  Jason's not a fan, so I just make them for myself ☺

Roasted Brussels Sprouts (pictured with my Cheesy Grits)
1 Serving

Ingredients:
1/2 lb (about 10 medium sized) Brussels sprouts, rinsed
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp evoo
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp sliced almonds (optional)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 425°.  Remove the stems and outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts; cut in half or quarters (depending on the size) and place in a shallow baking dish.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

2.  Roast the veggies for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.  Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment