Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chicken Parmesan

This is one of Jason's favorites. Before I learned how to make Beef Wellington, this was the meal he would always request for special occasions.  Then, when I was pregnant with Ashlyn, I craved Eggplant Parmesan all the time.  Luckily for him, when I make Eggplant Parm for myself, I make Chicken Parm for him.

Chicken Parmesan
4 servings


Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian Panko
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1-2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup marinara sauce
4 oz fresh mozzarella
 
Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper with cooking spray.  Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish.  Place the beaten egg in another shallow dish.  Dip the chicken breast in the egg, dredge in bread crumbs and place on prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. 

2.  Once chicken is cooked through, remove from oven.  Place 1/4 cup marinara and 1 oz mozzarella on each chicken breast.  Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes; until cheese is melted.  Carefully remove from the oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment