Wednesday, August 14, 2013

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

A little twist on the classic No Bake Cookies.  These use heart-healthy coconut oil and include a nice sweetness from dried fruit.  The first time I made these I used dried cherries, this time I used raisins.  The raisins are good, but I really liked the cherries.  Would be great with dried cranberries too!  I think the best part about these is that you only dirty one pan!  Be sure to store any leftovers in the fridge.

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Makes approximately 24 bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cup peanut butter (I prefer all natural)
2/3 cup honey
3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup raisins

Directions:
1.  In a medium saucepan, melt together the coconut oil, honey and peanut butter.

2.  Stir in the oats and coat with the peanut butter mixture.  Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the raisins and chocolate chips.

3.  Once the chocolate has melted, transfer the mixture to an 8x11 or 9x13 baking dish.  Cover and refrigerate until set.  Cut into bars and enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment