"It's a cheesy broccoli soup that actually fills you up", according to Jason :)
"Healthified" Cheesy Potato Chowder:
- 2lbs (about 6-7 medium) red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 32 oz vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 8 oz brick 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, place potatoes; add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain. Reserve 1 cup potatoes; return remaining potatoes to saucepan. In small bowl, mash reserved potatoes with fork; return to saucepan.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Add broccoli. Return to boiling; cook uncovered 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
- In small bowl with wire whisk, stir flour into milk until well mixed. Add milk mixture to potato mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in sour cream and green onions; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve and enjoy!