Crock Pot Vegetable Minestrone:
- 4 tsp vegetable bouillon dissolved into 4 cups warm water
- 4 cups no salt added tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14.5oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5oz) no salt added diced tomatoes w/ garlic, basil & garlic
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 Parmesan rinds* (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup (6oz) multigrain rotini
- Combine all ingredients except rotini into a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or until vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in pasta and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Top each serving with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Cal 104, Fat .3g, Sodium 518mg, Carbs 22g, Fiber 4g, Protein 4g
*I save all of my Parmesan rinds in the freezer. They make a great addition to soups and stews - just add them in and remove them before serving!