Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cake Batter Blondies

Like pretty much any other day, I was scrolling through Pinterest today and got sidetracked once I saw a yummy looking dessert.  But, unlike most days, I actually made said yummy looking dessert.  The recipe I followed is here.  The only changes I made was using a French Vanilla flavored cake mix and I added more white chocolate chips because.....well, why not add more chocolate chips?  They were super simple to get in the oven - literally took me about 5 minutes from start to baking.  Just make sure you have some milk or water on hand when you start eating them - they made me so thirsty!

Cake Batter Blondies

Ingredients:
1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream (I will probably just use a 1/2 cup of milk next time and omit the cream)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8x8 or brownie pan with cooking spray.  Mix together cake mix, milk, cream, oil, egg and vanilla until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.


2.  Using a spatula, place batter into prepared baking dish.  Bake for 20-25 minutes; you want batter to stick to a toothpick - this will give it a gooey, brownie consistency.  Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.  Cut and enjoy!


These would be a great dessert at Christmas.  Just use red and green sprinkles instead of the rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment