Saturday, September 15, 2012

Quick and Easy Marinara

I needed a marinara sauce to go with dinner tonight and was all out of my usual jarred sauce.  I threw this together with what was in my pantry and was very pleased with the outcome.  I'm glad that I actually wrote down the ingredients I used because I know I'll be making this again. 

Quick and Easy Marinara
(pictured with my Eggplant Parmesan Sticks)
Ingredients:
2 tsp evoo
4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
28 oz can whole tomatoes
2 tsp dried Basil
1 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1 bay leaf

Directions:
1.  In a large pot, heat the evoo and saute garlic until fragrant, be careful not to burn.  Add in remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.


2.  Remove bay leaf and remove the sauce from the heat.  Using an immersion blender (or a potato masher if you want a good arm workout!), blend sauce until you have reached desired consistency.  Taste and add additional seasonings if needed.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment