Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Big ol' Party Meatballs

Who doesn't love meatballs?  Well, actually, I don't, but I don't mind making them for my husband or friends.  I prefer to bake mine on top of a metal cooling rack so they don't bake in all of the fat drippings.  Also, once baked, they can easily be frozen for use at a later date.

Big ol' Party Meatballs
Makes 2 1/2 dozen meatballs
Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 lb sausage (I prefer Bob Evans Original)
1 egg
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 medium onion, minced or grated
Couple dashes of chipotle pepper powder
Couple dashes of garlic powder
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350°.  Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.  Mix well (best way is with your hands), but don't overmix.

2.  Take approximately 1/4 cup of the meat and roll it between your hands to form a ball.  Continue doing this until all of the meatballs have been formed.  Place meatballs on a cookie sheet.

3.  Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes, until nicely brown and no longer pink in the center.  Serve alone or with desired sauce....like my barbecue sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment