Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chicken Gyros

I wanted to try something different for dinner tonight so I decided to go with Gyros.  I made chicken for Jason and veggie for me.  I even whipped up some homemade Tzatziki to go with them!

Chicken Gyros
4 Servings

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts (about 4) cut into 1/2 inch strips
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp evoo
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt & Pepper
4 whole wheat pitas
Thinly sliced onion
Tzatziki Sauce

Directions:
1.  Combine lemon juice, evoo, garlic, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.  Place chicken in a zip-top bag or container with a tight fitting lid.  Pour marinade over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.

2.  Sauté chicken over medium high heat until browned and cooked through.  Divide chicken between four pitas and top each with sliced onion and tzatziki sauce.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment