Monday, February 27, 2012

Asian Barbecue Glazed Salmon

I finally put my Valentine's Day gift to use tonight and made a recipe from America's Test Kitchen.  It turned out great, the glaze was really good.  I served it with my Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa.

Asian Barbecue Glazed Salmon
Serves 2
Ingredients:
Salmon:
1 8oz filet of salmon (I prefer skinless, but with skin is fine too)
Black pepper
1/2 tsp light brown sugar
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp vegetable or canola oil

Glaze:
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp Hoisin
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tbsp soy sauce (I prefer low sodium)
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp grated fresh ginger

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 300°.  In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for the glaze with a whisk over medium heat.  Bring to a simmer and allow to bubble for about 3 minutes, until thickened and glaze will coat a spoon.  Cover, remove from heat and set aside.


2.  Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with black pepper.  Combine the brown sugar, salt and cornstarch and sprinkle on top of the salmon.  Heat oil in a 10 or 12 inch oven safe pan over high heat.  Once oil is near smoking, place the salmon in the pan seasoned side down.  Cook until browned, 1-2 minutes.  Flip and cook the underside for another 1-2 minutes.


3.  Spoon as much or as little of the glaze over the salmon (I used about 3/4 of it) - I cut my filet in half at this point, but you can keep it in tact too.  Place the salmon in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes, until salmon is cooked thoroughly.  Carefully remove from the oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment