Oatmeal Cream Pies
Makes 3 dozen cookies/18 cream pies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2-3 drops food coloring, optional
1. Heat oven to 375°. Combine 1 cup of butter, brown and granulated sugars in a large bowl. Cream with a mixer until well combined. Add in vanilla and egg and mix to combine.
2. In a smaller bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in oats until combined.
3. In batches, add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar. Once combined, drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
5. While cookies cool, combine all ingredients for the frosting in a small bowl. Mix on low until combined, then increase the speed until light and fluffy. Add in food coloring and mix until desired shade.
6. Once cookies are completely cooled, spread 1 tablespoon of frosting on the inside of one cookie and top
7. Try not to eat all of these in one sitting. Enjoy!!
Move over Little Debbie!!!