Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Creamy Potato Soup

Another great Pinterest find!  I admit, I was a little skeptical about this recipe when I came across it.  But, it came out great (after a couple minor tweaks, of course :)!  And who doesn't love a great Crock Pot recipe!? It was super creamy and ended up having great flavor (I did have to add quite a bit of salt and pepper).  Next time I'm going to add carrots and maybe another veggie or two.
Creamy Potato Soup
6 Servings

Ingredients:
30-32oz frozen shredded hash browns
5-6 cups Vegetable broth
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
10 oz Cream of Potato soup (I made my own using this recipe)
1 pkg 1/3 less fat cream cheese (you could use full fat, but do not use fat free)
salt and pepper to taste
shredded Cheddar, bacon, chopped scallions, etc for garnish

Directions:
1.  Combine hash browns, broth, onion, red bell pepper, black pepper and potato soup into a crock pot.  Mix well, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

2.  Add in the cream cheese and stir until it is all melted.  Taste soup and season with salt and pepper.  Cover and continue cooking for another 1-2 hours on low.  Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with whatever your heart desires.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment