Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whole Wheat Artisan Bread with Garlic

I posted my Easy Peasy Artisan Bread recently and I've been making a batch every week.  This past week I decided to do half whole wheat flour and half AP flour.  Turned out great and had that yummy wheat flavor.  I decided to jazz it up for my Roasted Veggie Baked Pasta so I turned it into garlic bread.  It was buttery, garlicky and deee-licious!

Whole Wheat Artisan Bread with Garlic
Ingredients:
3 cups warm water
1 1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
2 packets instant yeast
3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1-2 minced garlic

Directions:
1.  Make the bread following the directions here.  Form and score your loaf (after it rises of course!).  Combine the melted butter and garlic; set aside.
                                                 
2.  Bake the bread about 5 minutes shy of baking time (about 25-30 minutes).  Remove the bread and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.  Once it's cool enough to handle, cut the bread in 1/2 inch slices, cutting about 3/4 of the way down.  With a pastry brush, slather the garlic butter all over the bread and in between the slices.
                                            
3.  Place the bread back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.  Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment