Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cheesy Italian Drop Biscuits

I didn't make my usual batch of Artisan Bread this weekend and I really wanted some type of bread for dinner (crock pot beef roast for Jason, spaghetti and (veggie) meatballs for me).  I figured biscuits would be the easiest, but I didn't want just plain 'ol biscuits so I let my spaghetti dinner inspire me!

Cheesy Italian Drop Biscuits
Makes 12 Biscuits
                                           
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp Kosher salt
4 tbsp cold butter, cubed
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
1.  Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, basil and oregano in a large bowl.  Using a pastry cutter, begin mixing the butter into the flour.  Work the dough until crumbly with pea-sized balls.
2.  Add the milk to the dough and mix with a spatula.  Once the dough is thouroughly wet stir in the Mozzarella cheese.  Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.  Top biscuits with Parmesan.
3.  Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment