Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Herbed Turkey Breast

Another quick crock pot meal.  I spent the day shopping with my BFF (tough life, I know), so I wanted dinner to be ready when Jason got home from work.  I marinated the turkey and prepped some of the veggies last night before bed, so this morning I just had to cut the potatoes and throw everything in the crock pot.  Easy peasy!

Herbed Turkey Breast
Serves 6-8
Ingredients:
2 tbsp herb olive oil (I love Wegmans Basting oil) or regular olive oil
1/2 cup veggie, beef, turkey or chicken stock, divided
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried sage
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper
1 3lb boneless turkey breast, thawed
1 lb baby potatoes, quartered
1 large onion, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
8 oz baby carrots

Directions:
1.  In a small bowl combine the olive oil, 1/4 cup stock, rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, salt and pepper.  Place the turkey breast in a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the turkey.  Place the bag in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.

2.  Remove the turkey breast from the bag and place in a 4-6 quart crock pot skin side down.  Add the potatoes, onion, celery, carrots and additional salt and pepper.  Pour in 1/4 cup of stock.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.  Remove netting from turkey breast and serve.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment