Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bake

My sister makes this awesome broccoli, cheese and rice yumminess in the crock pot and I love it!  So, when I came across this recipe on Pinterest (surprise, surprise) I had to try it (with a few changes of course).  I love quinoa, it's full of so much goodness like protein, vitamins and minerals, and I definitely don't make it as often as I should.  But, we'll be having this again for sure!

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bake
8 Servings

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked)
2 cups steamed broccoli
2 tbsp milk
2 cups (8oz) reduced fat cheddar, shredded (I used Cabot)
1 can (10oz) Cream of Broccoli Soup (you can make it yourself!)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
Black pepper
1/4 cup (1oz) freshly grated Parmesan

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350° - coat a casserole or 8x8 dish with cooking spray.  Combine the milk, soup, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and black pepper in a medium bowl.  Stir in the quinoa and broccoli until well combined.

2.  Spread quinoa mixture evenly in prepared dish.  Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake, 30-40 minutes.  Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!


I really really liked this recipe!  But, I think next time I'm going to substitute the mayo with some low fat cream cheese instead.  Yum-my!!

No comments:

Post a Comment